Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Psalm 61:1-4

Psalm 61:1-4 NASB

1 Hear my cry, O God;
Give heed to my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For You have been a refuge for me,
A tower of strength against the enemy.
4 Let me dwell in Your tent forever;
Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Selah.


David prayed those words for strength and security, based on the comfort that comes from God and on the confidence that comes from His faithfulness to His promises.

The sanctuary that David prayed for is a place of protection and security he could not reach with his own strength.

God is that sanctuary and is pictured here as a refuge, a tower of strength, a tent, and a shelter of Your wings.

Just as it was with David, we don't have the strength to reach it on our own. However, He can be our refuge and shelter, but only after we place our complete faith and trust in Him. Do you trust Him today? Is he your refuge, your tower of strength, your tent, and your shelter? In these perilous times we all must be very sure.

Don

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin